What We Do
What makes T.R.U.S.T, a unique organization is that we are more than just one program or one event. Under the leadership of our extraordinary Fellows and committed volunteers, we make good things happen – for the San Quentin community and for the community beyond our walls.
We offer the following four programs:
1. The T.R.U.S.T. Workshops revolves around a nine-month curriculum which promotes personal insight and self-assessment, fosters healthy relationships, and prepares the program participants to go before the Parole Board.
2. Project L.A. is a nine-month re-entry program which provides men who will release to the Los Angeles area the practical resources necessary to successfully integrate back into society.
3. Anger Management (taught in Spanish) is a twelve-week program offered twice a year which creates a circle of support for men to feel safe to identify the underlying issues of their anger and how to cope with them.
4. Emotional Health and Wellness is a twenty-six-week program which provides a safe, supportive environment for a group of
8-10 men to come together to explore and heal emotional trauma.
We also currently sponsor the following three annual events:
1. The San Quentin Health Fair is a one-day event which serves over 1,000 inmates. Various health services, vital health screenings, and much valuable information to encourage preventive health practices are offered.
2. A Graduation ceremony is held to recognize those participants, across all of the T.R.U.S.T. programs, who have successfully completed the requirements for attendance and homework assignments.
3. In 2019, we held our first Movie Night as a way to reach out to men not currently in any of the T.R.U.S.T. programs and provide an entertaining, educational, and informative evening.